We warmly welcome back all our students to Term Three and wish them well as they continue to work hard and put in maximum effort in Semester Two. We had a great start to Semester Two last term and that always means starting Term Three very smoothly from a Learning and Teaching perspective. Our students need to remember that this is the term when we start planning for next year, and the attitude and effort they display towards their studies is taken into account as we prepare their 2019 program. We encourage them to continue to display maximum effort, persistence and reflectiveness in terms of ongoing improvement.
Subject Changes 2018
Please note that all subject changes for 2018 have now been finalised. This process is now closed.
Semester 1 Reports
At the end of last term, you would have received notification about accessing your child’s/children’s report on Schoolbox. You will also find previous copies of their reports in this same place, this is something we have wanted to do for a long time and we are thrilled that Schoolbox has been able to make this a reality for us. Once again, please continue to monitor your child’s academic progress on Schoolbox by accessing their development rubrics, feedback and results.
Subject Selection 2019
It’s that time of year again! It was great to see so many of you at our recent Bosco Campus Subject Selection Evening. We have been holding year level assemblies and explaining the process to your children. Here is a brief summary of what to expect for your child’s year level;
• Current Year 7s – Need to number elective choices in order of preference from 1-8.
• Current Year 8s - Need to number elective choices in order of preference from 1-8 and submit appropriate paperwork if they are applying for Duke of Edinburgh in Year 9.
• Current Year 9s – Need to decide if their pathway is through mainstream Year 10, VCAL Year 10, or Sports Academy. They then enter their elective preferences online. If they are applying for Accelerated Studies they need to collect paperwork from the Bosco Campus Office.
• Current Year 10s – Need to choose whether they are doing VCE or VCAL. If they are doing VCAL they need to choose a VET subject. If they are doing VCE they need to decide if they are doing English or Literature, R&S Unit 1&2 or 3&4, then choose 4 other subjects to study for the entire year.
• Current Year 11s – Need to choose their pathway and subjects (see above, same as Year 10s). If they are doing VCE in most cases they will just decide which subject to drop in Year 12.
It seems like a daunting time of year but when you actually break it down, it’s not that onerous. It is crucial at this time of year that our students check their college e-mail accounts regularly and seek advice if they need it. We have a wonderfully supportive subject selection team which comprises of your child’s Homeroom Leaders, Subject Teachers, Learning Area Leaders, Campus Assistants, Campus Directors, our Careers Team, VCAL/VET/Pathways Leader, and both of us (Mr Buttacavoli and Mrs FitzGerald).
Subject Selection Deadline
Students can change online preferences as many times as they like until the deadline. The deadline is Thursday 2 August. We highly recommend that they enter preferences before this time and get their homeroom teacher to check they have entered them correctly. The reserves that they enter are very important, as they may end up studying these subjects, so take care when choosing. We build our College timetable around student choices, so please make sure that your child is choosing wisely the first time, changes can be difficult once the timetable is built.
Read an update from Acting Principal, Mrs Angela Romano
An update from our Principal, Mr Mark Brockhus, as we prepare to commence the 2019 school year.
Cricket great, Darren Lehmann, visited last week as part of our Ashes Oval Redevelopment Project and our Father's Day Breakfast